About the Event
Each spring, 401 Richmond hosts a building-wide Art Hunt!
Our amazing and creative tenant community will paint, draw, print, design, and sculpt dozens of one-of-a-kind Artist Trading Cards which will be hidden throughout our 200,000 square-foot heritage building!
In the style of a traditional Easter Egg Hunt, visitors are invited to roam the building and find the secret locations of the hidden cards. It’s finders keepers so arrive on time and get hunting because prizes go quickly!
Your new treasure also becomes your ticket to a FREE lively post-hunt event hosted in Urbanspace Gallery, where you’ll be able to meet the artists, trade cards, have a bite, and even make your own card! Support young artists at a pop-up marketplace, or pose with your pals in the VIBE Arts photo booth! Join us for an art-filled evening! Stay tuned as we reveal participating artists and the unique artworks that could be yours – follow us on Twitter or Instagram @401richmond #401arthunt #401events!
Admission is free! Happy Hunting!
Participating Galleries + Shops
- Abbozzo Gallery
- Open Studio
- Swipe Design | Books + Objects
- TAG – Tangled Art Gallery
- Trinity Square Video
- Urbanspace Gallery
- yumart gallery
- YYZ Artists’ Outlet
Rules and Guidelines
- Please be respectful of the building, the tenants, and each other!
- Hidden cards will be copies – find the copy, trade it in, and win! Originals will be kept safe in a central location to be collected by winners.
- Limit of 1 prize per person. All cards will be tracked as they are found so that you know how many still remain!
- You will not need to move, lift, remove, or open anything in order to access the cards, so please DO NOT TOUCH artworks in building or galleries!
- Featured galleries will have cards hidden within. Please inquire with gallerists whether cards remain.
- Blank cards will also be hidden for those hoping to make their own designs!
- Cards will be limited to the lower level, first level and second level.
- The Art Hunt continues until all cards are found!